Topic

Wish me luck

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Wish me luck

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tony Mull

@tonymull

Locale: Western Washington

I bought a SOL Escape Bivy. Breathable, emergency, space blanket stuff. It zips part way down, breathes great, is warm down to about 50 degrees, weighs 8oz. I like it, it performs as advertised but…I'm on the large size especially my shoulders and it's a little tight. I mean I planned to stuff a 45 degree bag inside and it's tight when I do that. So…I want to make it bigger. I bought a second one and a longer zipper. My plan is to split it open and replace the zipper with the longer one and splice in a piece of the extra bivy to make this one bigger. I got some 3M 77 spray adhesive and I got some sissors. Any pointers, cautions or suggestions on the seams???

Jordan Clymer

@jordanclymer

Locale: The Columbia Gorge

I would recommend thinking about using some tape to reinforce those new seams. Get pics, glhf!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools