Topic

Granite Gear Crown V.C. Shoulder Strap Tightness Issues.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Granite Gear Crown V.C. Shoulder Strap Tightness Issues.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eric Klocko
    BPL Member

@teameric

Locale: SD

I just received a GG Crown V.C. Long via mail today. I can't seem to get the shoulder straps to stay tight or under tension. The problem is on the webbing that goes from the bottom of the pack to the padding. You don't have to pull up on the Tension Lock to get the webbing to slide. Almost any amount of pull will let it slide through. Thinking it might be the webbing not being parallel to itself. I tested it by putting it on and reaching back and pulling on the pack trying to simulate weight. Same thing, the webbing loosened all the way to the sewn loop at the end. Am I missing something obvious here? Has anyone else had a similar issue.

-eric

Daniel Cruikshank

@gearheaddan

The buckle at the bottom of the pack could be threaded incorrectly. The buckle is somewhat confusing, but when threaded correctly, you should be able to see a cutout on the tab that you pull up on to loosen the buckle. You probably have the webbing routed through the cutout rather than the tensioner. When threaded correctly the buckle should not slip.

David Ure

@familyguy

Dan is one of the founders of Granite Gear so his wisdom is warranted in this case. Nothing to add, except would you please come out with a size of the Crown in between the medium and large? ; )

Eric Klocko
    BPL Member

@teameric

Locale: SD

Thanks Dan and David! That fixed it. My girlfriend also pointed this out to me. My first thought was it needed to be threaded back through in some convoluted path… Not that I over think things or anything. We were able to undo them and then thread them back in the proper way. Works the charm and holds just fine.
    I feel for you David. I'm 6'2" and am taller in the trunk. Usually nothing fits right. If I remember correctly my torso size is 22". The Long fits very well with the shoulder straps connecting just below the top of my shoulders. I loaded the pack, stuffed full with just under 20 lbs and it holds and rides really nice. I'm going to need to do a belt size for a larger belt. I was a bit nervous about ultralight/lightweight packs. I tried out a few Golites but didn't like the way they rode on my shoulders. I really want to lighten my load. Coming from a 7.5lb Gregory Shasta and a 30lb trail weight (that's after reading this sight and simplifying things) this is actually the most economical of the "Big 3" to bring my pack weight down. Looking to get to around 12 lb base weight at the most. Looking forward to some test hikes with this pack.
    "One of the founders of Granite Gear." — That's why I love this forum.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

>> except would you please come out with a size of the Crown in between the medium and large? ; ) <<

A big +1 on that comment!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools