Topic

snow peak litemax stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) snow peak litemax stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm looking for feedback from folks who have experience with this stove. I'm particularly interested in fuel efficiency info.

Thanks to all in advance.

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

I really like mine and it's the canister stove I grab when I don't use Esbit. I also have a Snow Peak GST-100 and Soto OD-1R but have really only test fired them, finding the Litemax to be enough for my uses.
    I haven't tested its efficiency with any rigor but it rates well from what I remember. It's Korean made and its weak points are aluminum threads and a fiber washer to prevent the pot rests from moving too much along the central shaft. It is the lightest canister stove made that I would put any degree of faith in although I haven't seen the Fire Maple outside of photographs.

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I like mine, but you do need to exercise some care when attaching the canister, so as not to damage the aluminum threads. Also have to remember to close the valve before attaching the stove to the canister — the valve has to be slightly open to fold the valve handle for storage.

I don't have a good handle on fuel consumption — all my trips have been far enough away that I had to fly, and not long enough to use a whole canister. Not able to bring a partially used canister home to weigh it.

My last trip was 4 days. Boiled 2 cups of water a day for rehydrating dinner, and another 1 cup of water per day for coffee. Only used part of 1 small Jetboil canister…

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

Agree with above comments. The fold outs can catch on the rivets that facilitate their articulation.

Longest period I used mine for was on the JMT – 11 day section 'cooking' one 4 person MH dehydrated meal every evening. That was a 250g canister that still had fuel left at the end of the trip – I thought this pretty good as times to boil were extended a bit given the altitudes encountered.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Tom,

I have a GST-100 and a LiteMax. Never did any testing with either, but the 100 seems to be a little more efficient. Also I am a little wary of the aluminum threads… but no problems yet. On longer trips when I bring a canister stove, I always bring the 100, just feel a little more confident in it, no science behind it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to all for the truly helpful comments. What I have concluded as a result is that I will be sticking with my Primus Micron. The aluminum threads give me cause for concern, and I don't see any measurable improvement in fuel efficiency, which brings it down to saving 1.5 oz. If I get really anal about the weight, I will pick up a Primus Micron Ti to eliminate 1 ounce from the 1.5 differential and still have one of the most fuel efficient stoves on the market.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools