Topic

Smaller size packaging

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Smaller size packaging

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hays

@oroambulant

Locale: San Francisco

I've been fretting over how much space rolls of toilet paper and duct tape consume. I haven't wanted to take the plunge and MYOG some smaller rolls.

But then I found these gems:

TP and DT Small Rolls

What will those marketeers think of next?

Actually, I'm kinda amazed the store buyer made room on the shelf. But then this was Sports Basement, known for pushing seconds and discontinued items.

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

It's basically a smaller amount packaged for sale at a terrifically higher profit margin. That's probably why its on the shelf. -You can just pull off some TP and put in a zip lock bag and run a few wraps of duct tape around one or both trekking poles. Not sure you'd actually need the amount of TP or duct tape that comes in the packages they sell.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Those rolls have been around for years, try this

YouTube video

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I put Duct tape around a pemcil, my tent poles and trekking poles and put TP is a ziplock.

Nathan Hays

@oroambulant

Locale: San Francisco

I _was_ being sarcastic… I'm really amazed that anyone would buy either of these.

Although I must admit I once bought a hiker's medical kit full of useless packaging of a few pills and wipes all in a many-pocketed case full of zippers and hangers. It just looked so organized!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools