Topic

Vote for a ~9,000 mile trek in the Outside adventure grant contest

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Vote for a ~9,000 mile trek in the Outside adventure grant contest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Mayberry
    BPL Member

@benmayberry

Locale: Wetside Cascades

Hey all,

I'm a long-distance hiker and currently a finalist in a competition for a $10,000 grant from Outside magazine. If I win, it'll help fund a 'little' adventure I have planned that'll consist of exploring roughly 9,000 miles of the Western U.S. by means of foot travel and packraft. If you want to help make this possible, here's what you can do:
    1. Go to http://facebook.com/outsidemagazine and click on the "Outside Adventure Grant" button in the little application bar thing. This'll take you to info on the five finalists and their trips; mine is "Trekking the West". You can vote once per day between now and June 17th.
    2. I found the voting application a little difficult to find and navigate, so I've posted a screenshot with instructions on my FB page at http://facebook.com/benjamin.o.mayberry. I'll also be posting more info and reasons to vote for me on the trip to my FB page over the next two weeks.
    3. Share this with anyone you know who would want to help make this happen. The winner of this grant is going to be determined by votes and not necessarily merit, so every vote counts.

Of the five finalists, I'm the only one planning to travel on foot; other trips will rely on boats, bikes, and a motorized vehicle. If you want to help make another ultra long-distance hiking trip possible, here's your chance.

Thankful for any support you can offer,
    Ben Mayberry

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools