Topic

SMD Trail Magic Via Andrew Skurka

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals SMD Trail Magic Via Andrew Skurka

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    PNW
    Spectator

@pnw-backpacker

Locale: PNW

I had the opportunity to see Andrew speak in Hood River, OR about his Alaska Yukon trip and won some swag. I believe Ron Moak was in the audience that night as well and I picked up a 15% off coupon for Six Moon Designs. While I like SMD gear I don't have plans on using this coupon which expires 7/31/12.

Post a few words about what Andrew's contribution to the lightweight backpacking community has done for your base weight, motivation levels, skill set, etc. The "best" post will be awarded the coupon code at the end of the weekend!

I hope Ron doesn't mind me paying forward his coupon. Cheers!

Ezza Emery

@ezzza

I'm fairly new to backpacking having only moved from hiking to backpacking 2 years ago. Initially I just bought the the basic gear I needed that fit my budget but soon realized that plan wasn't working well. A buddy of mine began teaching me about how to reduce weight and bulk and the benefits of that. The same buddy pointed me to Andrew and some of his writings. Through his blogs, interviews, articles, reviews, and example I have been learning about how to be prepared both physically and mentally. I know my limits and have tried to be wise in knowing where I can cut out weight and where I need to carry the extra ounces. I have actually been saving up with plans to buy the SMD Lunar Solo (or maybe the Skyscape Trekker) before my first trip to Glacier in August.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools