Topic

ULA Circuit sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA Circuit sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Browning
    BPL Member

@optimator

Well, I finally ordered one today. According to Chris I'm right on the bubble torso and belt size. I'm 6'1", 33"inseam, 20.5" & 35". He recommended a medium/medium. Is anyone else here with one about my size? If so, how's the fit?

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

Hey Patrick, I'm a bit taller than you but have roughly the same waist/torso size. I talked to Chris as well, he suggested the M/M, and the fit is perfect. I could gush about everything else I like about the pack, and how it is amazing… but I will just say I think you will be pretty happy with it.

David Ure

@familyguy

Personally, I like the frame a little taller than the top of my shoulders because over long days the belt will inherently slope down a bit. A slightly taller frame provides more opportunity for adjustment. I would go for the large as the torso size can be adjusted 3" (according to ULA).

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

I'm with David on this – I would always chose slightly taller than shorter, which I did with my ULA packs, and still find them the best carrying packs around. YMMV.

Patrick Browning
    BPL Member

@optimator

Thanks guys. I would have bought both but I ordered it thru one of ULA's retailers. It was the last one they had and it was blue, plus I got a pretty good deal on it too. I figured if Chris suggested a medium I'd be in pretty good shape. I'm just hoping I don't have to mess with returning it since they may not have any large ones in stock then either. Unless I can exchange it direct thru ULA?

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Load it up and carry it around for an hour or two (preferably without sweating it up!). If it's the wrong size for you, you'll know. Then call ULA, and work out an exchange – they're good people, and I've had great interaction with them on the phone.

Patrick Browning
    BPL Member

@optimator

That's the plan! I'm sure I'm just over stressing about the whole thing. I'm just stoked that I finally have one on the way. My work schedule is finally allowing me time for quite a few multi day trips this year.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

Im 19.5" torso, and my medium is shorter on me than I prefer. My Ohm in medium is quite a bit longer. Like others say, in reality it runs a bit smaller than they think. Honestly I would go with the L. It become difficult to get weight off shoulders with it too short.

Patrick Browning
    BPL Member

@optimator

Well, after talking to Chris.. If the pack doesn't fit I have to go thru the retailer. I bought it from them, If it doesn't fit, I return it thru them. If they don't have a large, I'll buy one thru ULA direct.

jacko vanderbijl

@jacko1956

Locale: Shelley Western Australia

I'm 6' but I got the large and large as my measurements were on the border line and my son is much bigger in all directions and we share the good stuff a bit.
    I found that the large/large was too big for me. It works fine but I have to tighten it all to the max after a few days losing waistline.
    I will be getting a Catalyst for my AT hike next year and will go for medium/medium and my son will use the Circuit.

David Ure

@familyguy

It is also going to depend on your chest girth. If you are wide then the Large will work better as you will have sufficient shoulder harness length. If you are narrow chested then the Medium may work better.

Again, much of this is personal preference. If you are on the 'fence' in terms of torso size, ask yourself if you want more or less shoulder strap 'wrap.'

J H

@jlhilliker

I'm 6'2, 33" waist, 22" torso. I have the small belt/large pack combo, and it fits me perfectly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools