Topic

Parkay Squeeze margarine

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Parkay Squeeze margarine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I often carry Parkay Squeeze margarine for cooking, on bread and, when I take a small "non-stick" skillet, I use it for "less stick" for pancakes.

I repackage it in a smaller bottle with a flip-top cap and it never, in 8 days of summer backpacking, gone rancid.

Does anyone else take squeezable margarine? Am I nuts for taking it?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Carry coconut oil or Ghee (you can make it at home). Both taste great and carry well. Parkay won't go bad because it is a slurry of chemicals ;-) Lol…..

Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

you could always do like Model-T did while hiking the AT..just chug it straight from the bottle

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Eddie, Model T must be an ANIMAL – "…chug it straight from the bottle". Indeed!

I can only see that happening on the 5th day of a really cold winter camping trip when my body craves fats at any cost.

Sarah, I'll try those suggestions.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Carry fudge in winter. It ain't light but it is beyond fattening and is just awesome to eat ;-)

Eddy Walker

@ewker

Locale: southeast

you need to check out his book Walking on the Happy Side of Misery. It is a good book

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools