Topic

MYOG chest pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG chest pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

So I'm an avid fisherman, but have recently become enamoured with fly fishing. I've been wanting to try a small chest pack to hold a fly box some tools and my tippet spools. I didn't know if I would be happy with the feel of the chest pack, I'm used to a waist pack(fanny pack), therefore didn't want to shell out the cash for one. My answer was to just make myself a chest pack to try out. That way if I don't care for this style pack I'm only out a few dollars and a few hours.

I used the 200d silicone backed oxford nylon from DIYgearsupply, some scrap silnylon, 1/2" grosgrain, 1/2" webbing, 1/2" buckles, and a leftover zipper. I modeled it after Zimmerbuilt's Tenkara pack to the best of my ability.

Here's what I ended up with. Comments, criticisms welcome.
    flypack
    flypackk
    flypack3
    flypack112
    flypack4

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

No criticisms from here!

That looks like a piece of gear perfectly tailored to your use. Nice job!

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

I have two major criticisms:

First, it's really more of a belly pack than a chest pack ;)
    Second, how much does it weigh?!?!

It actually looks really good and something you'll get plenty of use out of if you like the concept. Nice work!

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

Well the neck strap is adjustable so I can pull it up to my neck if so desired. I just kinda threw it on for the pic.

And it weighs just about 2oz exactly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools