Topic

Memorial Day Week Sale Venom Super Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Memorial Day Week Sale Venom Super Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

These stoves are made from an aluminum energy drink bottles. It's a 1 piece stove, no pot stand needed.

When 1/2 ounce of fuel is used, this stove has the ability to absorb and hold the fuel as a safety feature. If the stove is accidentally tipped over the fuel will not spill out.(Just like the StarLyte)

This stove is a compilation of features found in several different stoves that I have made over the years. The StarLyte, Fancee Feest, Cobalt and Cobalt Blue.

SPECIFICATIONS:
    Weight – 1.6 ounce
    Height – 2.75 inches – 7 centimeters
    Diameter – 2.50 inches –
    Fuel capacity – 1 ounce – 30ml
    Will boil 2 cups of water under optimum conditions using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and a 2.5 cup aluminum pot.
    Material – Heavy duty aluminum beverage bottle
    Recommended fuels – HEET in yellow bottle, Denatured Alcohol, "Meths" (outside the U.S.A.)
    You get: 2 stoves, 2 fuel bottles that I've put dispensing caps on that can also be used on bottles of yellow HEET to dispense directly from the bottle if that's the way you want to go. See the videos at the woodgaz-stove link below. Try the other links also.

$32.00 value for only $20.00 + 4.50 shipping

You can use the paypal button found at the link below:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/memorial-day-super-stove-sale.php

[video=youtube;TiZq8MHbgUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiZq8MHbgUc[/video]

[video=youtube;PeGEtloYsN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeGEtloYsN4[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=UVefH1FVUJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVefH1FVUJk

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Sorry, I'm not able to ship "International Orders"

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

I have been using one since Zelph introduced the Super Stove.

I have used many other designs.

More efficient than other stoves I've used. Durable.
    A big plus that saved my ass was the fact that it is spill proof.
    I had my pot and stove get knocked over by a falling object. This could have been a disaster with most stoves, but no alcohol spilled so no danger.
    I did ruin my dinner though:-(

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

(Steven McAllister
    (brooklynkayak) – MLife

Locale: Atlantic North East

NEW My Review on 05/25/2012 06:57:13 MDT
    I have been using one since Zelph introduced the Super Stove.

I have used many other designs.

More efficient than other stoves I've used. Durable.
    A big plus that saved my ass was the fact that it is spill proof.
    I had my pot and stove get knocked over by a falling object. This could have been a disaster with most stoves, but no alcohol spilled so no danger.
    I did ruin my dinner though:-(…)

Thank you Steven for your review. Came just in time as we've seen discussion on forest fires being started by alcohol stoves.

The Venom Super Stove and the StarLyte stove hold fuel in suspension as an added safety feature. I'm going to let this sale extend to the end of the week, midnight Friday, June 1st. All orders received this week will be shipped next week on Monday.

Karple T
    BPL Member

@ctracyverizon

Locale: Mid-Alantic

Dan – This stove rocks …

I got it on Saturday & loaded it with everclear, put my Heineken pot on in and in under 6 minutes had a rolling boil.

Since the center is open and a large diameter, I can get a larger fuel bottle along with everything else in the kit to fit nicely in the Heineken pot.

Thanks to the deal my buddy has one too.

Sweet!

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Craig, Thank you for your positive feedback. Sharing with a buddy is what it's all about.

It's a great stove for small diameter mugs, foster and heineken pots.

Thank you to all that have made purchases. All orders have been shipped as of today.

Sale ends Friday midnight. I still have stoves in stock.

Nathan Lare
    BPL Member

@hikingllama

I got mine (4 of them) yesterday and was out playing a bit last night (near boil on 20ml of HEET using 2cups of water from the frig). Plan to keep one and give the other 3 away to buddies who need to see the "Light" and walk toward it.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Dan I sent you a pm on your web page, let me know if you got it. I'm interested in 2 stoves, but no bottles or caps.

Thanks, Jack

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Nathan, You have seen the light!!!! You will be rewarded many times over for your generosity shown to your friends.

Hi Jack, I got your PM and sent you a message that contains a super good deal.

Time is running out on the Venom Super Sale. Buy 4 at a time and be a super buddy to some up and coming scouts in your neighborhood.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Dan I'll take that deal, how should I send payment?

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

RE STOVES Posted 06/01/2012 21:27:54 MDT by Jack Elliott (jumpbackjack)
    Dan I'll take that deal, how should I send payment?

I sent Jack a "Paypal Invoice" and all went well.

If anyone has special needs in the future an invoice can be generated.

Thank you to all that participated in this sale!

I'm in the process of making some Super Stoves with Budlite aluminum bottles. I'll have a "Father's Day" sale on those. Same super deal as the Memorial Day sale. The dispensing bottle caps fit the HEET alcohol bottles.

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

Make sure you post here are well to let us know when you do the fathers day event. Im ready and waiting. Im finally getting back out that weekend, since early march, its been way to long.

Chris
    BPL Member

@staplebox

Locale: New England

I just go these two stoves in the mail today…and then I instantly became a 'former' alcohol stove maker. These are superb – far better than anything I've ever made.

I was intrigued by the design – open in the middle, carbon fiber squeezed between two sides, extended center for pot stand – and they do not disappoint. Very slick design, very sturdy. And, unlike most of my stoves, they don't slice open my fingers. Thanks

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Just recieved my 2 stoves today. Me and my friend Kevin tried it out at his house, with 2 cups of tap water in a Antigravity gear pot, it came to a rolling boil right at 6 min. and contiuned to burn for another 4 min, for a total of 10 min. Thanks Dan these are really sweet stoves! I'm going to try them out next weekend with my Heine pot. I think boiling a cup of water on a 1/2 oz is pretty doeable, and for me that's all I need sometimes, 1/2 oz per meal = 1 1/2oz per day, that beats my old stove. At that rate I can get 4 days worth of fuel inside the Heine pot, maybe even 5 days.

Brad Abrahams
    Spectator

@frigger

What kind of windscreen are you all using with this stove?

brent driggers
    BPL Member

@cadyak

Locale: southwest georgia

Zelph makes some crimped aluminum windscreens, the EZ FOLD, that work really well. I keep my windscreen rolled around a 4oz bottle of alcohol inside the stove itself.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

All went well with the sale…..thank you very much for participating and for the great feedback. glad there are so many that like the stove design.

I'll start the Father's Day sale tomorrow. I'll start a different thread for it.

It's kinda weird…. I don't furnish EZ-Fold windscreens with the Super Stoves to keep the cost down. All my other stoves I include a windscreen. Go figure :-)

Lots of different materials you can use to make your own windscreens. Save some bucks. I had to stop making windscreens available by themselves. They would sell out too fast because of the low price I had on them. I would order the material by the large roll and cut down to size. Most of the time the roll was so heavy and not packaged well that it got damaged in shipment and had to be returned…bummer….pain in the neck!!!!

Watch for the sale tomorrow.

Brad Abrahams
    Spectator

@frigger

Heya Zeph, do you think the Venom would fit with the Clikstand stove system?

Jim Leonard
    BPL Member

@mxracer33x

Locale: West Coast

Im not Zelph, but looking at their given dimensions (from the site you provided) it could. The opening for the stoves in the click stand is 2.78" and the venom is 2.5" and the clickstand is 3" tall and the venom is 2.75" tall. The pot would just sit above the stove. Should work out OK.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

I agree with Jim, the clickstand should work. If it does not touch the bottom of the pot, shim it up with something(twigs)

I'm in a camping situation using a weak WIFI connection(yuk) sorry if I was not able to answer all questions.

Brad Abrahams
    Spectator

@frigger

Thanks for the info. Zeph or anyone else, would you say the efficiency of the Venom or any other of your stoves is superior to the classic Trangia burner?

Jason Cravens
    Spectator

@packpack

Locale: Cumberland Plateau

How does the Heineken can fit on this stove? Is it fairly efficient with the heinie can?

Jason

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools