Topic

Momentum vs. Pertex

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ed Schinkel

@edschinkel

Hello,

I'm new here on this forum. Great info!
    I want to make a tarp and a bivy bag. The use is low profile camping in the Netherlands
    and western europe. I use down sleeping bags and I'm a bit afraid that the bag get wet
    because of rain (icw wind), damp, and touching of a condensated tarp.
    I'm looking for a material that is breathable and can cope with water. It doesn't have to be waterproof. Its only there to protect the bag.
    When I don't expect rain I also want to use the bag without a tarp. Than it has to protect against damp.
    I saw that Steve from Suluk46 used Momentum. Does anyone has experience in Momentum versus a Pertex fabric? Is it more ore less breathable?
    Suggestion about other useble materials are also welcome!
    And of course as light as possible and availeble in green or black.

Thanks, Ed.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Momentum 50 is very water resistant, but will not be as breathable as Pertex in my experience. For a bivy, I would use Pertex or one of the 8d fabrics from TiGoat. They are very breathable with a decent DWR.

Ryan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools