Topic

Easton Kilo 1 Person–Brief Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Easton Kilo 1 Person–Brief Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

BTW, back to the flat roof (new version) ..
    a few years ago that design (cross over poles) came up at Luxe Outdoor , so some clever chap suggested a way around the flat bit and this is how it was done :
    Luxe Firefly
    Just a suggestion for the users of the first version.
    (I had a play with one in my backyard just a few days ago.)
    Add a tie out point right in the middle of the bottom seam on the non door side and stake that out.
    It is not going to save the design but it will help.
    I made that suggestion when I first spotted the design and trying it out confirmed the idea.

Lee Oz
    BPL Member

@leeoz

Locale: NY

You are very welcome Sean. I have an Obi 1 myself (bought on this website) but I'm glad the info helped someone.The added footprint is a nice addition. Hope you enjoy it and safe travels.

Raquel Rascal
    Spectator

@flutingaround

Regarding the issue with getting the tent to pitch well, I discovered I was guying out too tightly. I had to mess around with adjusting and readjusting the guy lines in different spots and tautness levels before I could get the pole to line up with the ridge line. Just takes a little finessing…like a good woman. :)

Sean Heenan

@roadster1

Locale: Southeast mountains

I have had my tent for about a month and have had it out in the backyard a couple of times to set it up. The first time I set it up was a cold windy day and I set it up just to see how I liked my new toy. The sagging inner disappointed me but it was too cold to mess around with it. I set it up again today, nice day in the low 60's, so I spent about an hour playing with it to perfect the pitch. Raquel is right about not pitching it to tight and having to
    finess it. When you pitch it too tight it pulls the ridge pole over and causes the inner to sag. Also using the extra guy lines helps pull the ridge pole back in the correct alignment and allows a somewhat tauter pitch. I'm going on a weekender in a few weeks and I'll report back when I've had some experience in the field with it.

Jared Baker
    BPL Member

@simply_light

Locale: Midwest, US

I found the Kilo to short for me. I'm 6'1" and no matter how I positioned myself either the foot of my sleeping bag or the head of hit were always hitting the tent. I had high hopes as the design is ideal for me. The single pole setup with the side entry. If it could have just been 6" longer.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools