Topic

No Turning Back

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear No Turning Back

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bruce Thibeault
    BPL Member

@brucetbo

Locale: New England

Ive passed the point of no return with my Flash 30 mods project. Ive removed the lid and its buckle/strap, extension collar,load lifters, spacer mesh, and the ridiculously wide waist belt/buckle. The components Ive removed weigh 8.8 oz and still to go are the hip belt pockets and the entire front panel. Im not sure where I'll end up on weight but I'll keep everyone posted. Ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Here is what I had in mind;

The lid/extension collar will be replaced with a roll top closure made with 1.1 oz silnylon with a 1/2 inch nylon webbing strap and buckle to cinch everything down if needed. I never used the load lifters so I wont be replacing them. I always felt the spacer mesh was wasted weight as it didnt provide space adequate to prevent a sweat soaked back panel. The front panel will be replaced with 1.1 oz sil as well and I'll be adding a mini hole mesh center pocket. The 1.5 inch hip belt will be replaced with one of 3/4 inch webbing. Below is my trusted Flash 30 in various states of dis-assembly.

Lid and belt gonePadding GoneRemoved

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools