Topic

Alpinlite Leaking Feathers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Alpinlite Leaking Feathers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Harper

@kevinharper2

Locale: Southwest

I have the WM Alpinlite and I would say on every trip I may loose around two feathers, is this normal or something I should be concerned with. I usually try to pull them back through but more times than not they just come out. If I can locate where they came from I will rub the area to try and close the channel. Spending that kind of money kills me to see feathers coming out.

Ed Hayes

@ejhayes

Locale: Northwest

I have an Ultralite. It is somewhat new – I've used it maybe 9-10 nights. I have lost a few pieces of down. I do notice it might leak more when it is compressed more, but it is hard to say for sure.

Anyway, since there are about 2 billion pieces of down in the bag, I don't worry about one or two feathers coming out per trip. I'll wear out the material before the lose of down is an issue.

But, if it is bad enough to cause a difference, just send the bag back to WM.

Just my two cents :)

Kevin Harper

@kevinharper2

Locale: Southwest

Thanks, that is kind of what I wanted to hear. I looked at each feather as a dollar bill. The bag is a one of a kind and I hate seeing even one feather leave it.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

Feathers are bad anyway. You want them out.

A higher down content to feather ratio is a sign of great fill.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Ed
    Don't worry, that is actually a good figure for a sleeping bag.
    In fact if you look really carefully you may find plenty more.
    (just kidding…)
    I have the Summerlite and the Ultralite and had the HighLite (I think they use the same shell fabric) and that is about the average.
    My WM Flash jacket and pants lose more than that.
    Franco

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools