Topic

Zion Traverse Permit Questions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Zion Traverse Permit Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brad Abrahams
    Spectator

@frigger

Greetings,

I friend and I will be hiking the Zion Traverse starting around the 21st of this month. To those that have hiked it or around the area in Zion, I have a few permitting questions. Have you ever done a walk-in permit here? Wondering what my chances are. I've taking a look at the reservation calendar, and there are some openings for reservations at some camp sites some of the days. Though it is difficult to know exactly which campsite we will be at and when. We may do it in 4 days instead of 5, or decide one day to keep going to the next campsite. Would love some feedback and itinerary suggestions.

Thanks kindly,
    Brad

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I did the Zion Tranerse on the May long weekend either lat year or the year before (man, my memory is really bad these days). Anyway, I just booked 3 nights at random spots and then changed them up when I got there. That's actually what the park suggested when I called because so many people cancel and stuff. Then, I didn't even stay at any of my sites, slept beside the river the first night and asked a guy if I could bivy at his camp the second. There didn't seem to be many people on the trail until you got to the Angels Landing area.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools