Topic

2 person 40 degree down blanket?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 2 person 40 degree down blanket?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

So I've done a little looking and thought I'd ask the collective wisdom of this list for some advice. I'm simply looking for a down blanket that will fit myself and my wife when open, and something I can use folded in half when the weather is no colder than 40 degrees. I have a 15 degree mummy bag for the times I know the weather is more questionable, but I simply love the breathability of down.

It needs to be simply a rectangle. No frills, and light as can be. 800+ fill would be perfect. The shell aught to handle tent condensation but no need to go overkill on this. I've checked into quilts but I seem to keep stumbling into tapered and hooded models, which simply don't seem all that different than an unzipped mummy bag.

Does anyone have any recommendation(s) for something like this, or what company to check into?

Thanks much…

Matt

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Cary Dwiggins
    BPL Member

@cary75

Locale: NW

I love my jacks r better large quilt. I have the wings to tuck around us on the sides, and a hood to keep the wind out in between us. It weighs 2 pounds and is currently on sale :). mine is comfortable down to about 33 degrees for the 2 of us and surely comfortable to much lower if velcroed up for 1 person. The only caveat is its bulk.

Cary

Joe O’Toole
    BPL Member

@joe_otoole01

Locale: PNW

I'm interested in your jrb quilt if its still for sale. msg me or see my post on swap.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools