Topic

San Gabriel’s Bear Canyon Help please

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning San Gabriel’s Bear Canyon Help please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brett Bateman

@treeswinger

Looking to do a trip with a friend next weekend to Bear Canyon Camp from switzer falls. Problem is I can't find it on my map, looked for it on 2 more and still can't find it. I saw a switzers camp but not bear canyon camp. Am I missing something? I read it was between the arroyo seco and Tom Sloan trail. Anyone help me with how far from the arroyo seco? Thanks for the help.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

Send Craig Wisner a PM. Ive been up into there but it was in the dark and I never saw the camp. Craig's been there.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Bear Canyon camp doesn't show on some trail maps.
    Everything is adequately signed from Switzer…Assuming when you say starting from Switzer Falls you mean the Switzer picnic area/parking lot.

Head downstream from Switzer, up a marked trail to the right to get up and over the falls. You'll hit a high trail junction. Heading down takes you to Bear Canyon, heading straight takes you to the lower Arroyo. Everything has trail signs. Once down the hill, you hit another trail junction. Left is to the bottom of the falls, right/straight to Bear Canyon. Once in Bear Canyon, continue to Bear Canyon camp…the camp is pretty much in between the Tom Sloan saddle and the trail junction for Bear/Switzer Falls, maybe 2 miles in.

Brett Bateman

@treeswinger

Thank you very much

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools