Topic

Badlands South Dakota 5 day trek

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Badlands South Dakota 5 day trek

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SPAM

@trekked

Locale: Midwest

I started my trek off at the Badlands National Park. Why the the national park because that's were the most geological formation is. Most of South Dakota is all flat with grassy lands. As you can see from the link my exact trail was posted. I saw Huge Bison in herds. The Bison were off to the west of the trail and were give 1,000 acres of lands to roam no fence. I saw a baby sucking milk from the Bison Mother. I snuck up on a grass hopper and photographed him. I got to see groundhogs fighting over territory on two sides of a hill about 50 feet away from each other. I saw a moose about 50 yards ahead of me and zoomed in on him. I stumbled on a ancient animal that went extinct 50 million years ago and the only thing left was the bottom of his jaw. The clay felt like warm mud on my feet but sharp at the same time. I also enjoyed climbing up these huge formations and making my own trails.

http://www.trekked.net/2012/04/25/the-south-dakota-badlands-trekked/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools