Topic

CAMP X3 600 Ski Pack Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable CAMP X3 600 Ski Pack Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Companion forum thread to:

CAMP X3 600 Ski Pack Review

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Good, thorough review. The Camp X3 600 is a decent daypack for skiing but still lacks some things that would make it actually a good pack in addition to those flaws mentioned in the review.

1. internal sleeving of hydration hose inside a shoulder strap (keeps hose warmer)
    2. rear avy shovel pocket (shovel much handier and away from abraiding other gear in the pack
    3. TWO light internal aluminum stays (small diameter tubular aluminum) for better load transfer and control

My personal backcountry ski pack is larger and twice as heavy as the Camp pack but is meant to carry enough gear for an emergency overnight.

It's a Camelbak 2,800 cu. in. "Commander" hunting pack that I have modified with 1" aluminum stays, REI Ridgeline padded hipbelt, pack bottom straps and QR buckles on the lower side compression straps. Also I have two side pockets I can add or use as gear bags internally.

That Camelbak pack came with an insulated hydration hose in a zippered shoulder strap sleeve and a shovel pocket. plus internally there are two Velcroed straps to hold my avy probe and saw vertically.

Now my pack has the capability to carry 40 lbs or 10 lbs., depending on conditions. But my avy gear always rides in or on it.

P.S. Ryan, please gather some ski packs like Mammut, Eddie Bauer, BCA, etc. if you can and do a fall review of ski packs. You may want to include air bag avy packs &/or an Ava-Lung pack.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools