Topic

which is warmer: nano-puff or smartwool midgweight base-layer?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) which is warmer: nano-puff or smartwool midgweight base-layer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

the subject line says it all. I'm assuming my nano-puff if warmer. Both the nano and smart wool come in at about the same weight on my scales. I'm taking my nano-puff instead of my smartwool on a trip tomorrow unless someone gets back to me asap that the reverse is true!

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

60g of primaloft and a wind stopping fabric is warmer by far. the smartwool layer breathes, so it wont do much in wind.

my nanopuff keeps me warm down to 40 sitting around with with a light baselayer underneath.

the nano is much warmer

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Thanks Adam; that's my first opinion too. However, either my nano or the smartwool will be worn after hiking around camp as a layer beneath my shell, so wind won't be a factor. Now what say you?

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

The Nano puff, no question. (And I do have both.)

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Thanks, Sumi. Nano it is!

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

It would take two or three of those Smartwool tops to get close to the Nano Puff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools