Topic

San Jacinto State Park

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning San Jacinto State Park

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luke Khuu

@ninhsavestheday

looking for a 3 days/ 2 night hike in San Jacinto park. Not looking to use the tram. thanks!

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California
    Luke Khuu

@ninhsavestheday

Looking for a shorter route.

Adan Lopez
    Spectator

@lopez

Locale: San Gabriel Valley

Nick doesn't know any short hikes :-)

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

One problem is you did not indicate how many miles you'd like to hike during this trip, so naturally Nick assumed the most.

if you live in Southern California, pick up a Harrison map of Mt San Jacinto and start learning the trails.

lots of options and variations.
    where would you like to start and end ?

also, have you ever hiked or camped there before ?

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net

you will begin with a big up. Depending on the season, water can be scarce, so check with rangers re this. I've not hiked without taking the tram up, but have done a very enjoyable loop beginning and ending at tram station. Can go up Mt San Jacinto and camp at about 9000 feet on other side, then use the PCT and other trails to get back to tram station. Can also camp on the tram side of the mountain. If you get a map, I think you'll see the routes I'm talking about.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools