Topic

Bay Area Trip This Weekend

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Bay Area Trip This Weekend

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

Kind of last minute, but figured I'd throw this out there anyway….

I was planning on heading down to Henry Coe early tomorrow (or possibly tonight), but I'm also open to other local options if anyone is interested. I need to be back home in the early afternoon on Sunday, so I didn't plan on camping too far from the trailhead. I would like to take a longer route to get to the campsite on Saturday though.

One idea I had in mind was camping at Lost Spring Camp (if available) and hiking there via Hobbs Road, Blue Ridge/Mt Sizer, and Jackass Trail — or maybe cut over to Rock House Ridge via the Black Oak Spring trail then loop back to Lost Spring Camp. Then just take the most direct way out on Sunday. But as I said, I'm open to other options if you have something else in mind — whether it's a different route or destination within the park or even somewhere else entirely.

If you're interested, just send me a PM.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools