Topic

GNP Backcountry permit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

Just got email notification yesterday that I scored a backcountry permit for Glacier NP. Low mileage cause I will have the family, youngest being 8. We start at Two Medicine Lake and spend the first night at No Name Lake. Second night at Old Man Lake then back to Two Medicine. I think it is called the Dawson Pass loop in the guide books. Suppose to be a great loop even if it's short. From what I hear it's fairly hard to get permits for popular routes like this one in August.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Congrats, Jeff. FYI, if you want to chill that first day to No Name Lake, you can cut 2 miles off the hike by riding the tourist boat for a half hour to the west end of Two Med Lake. Maybe a wuss thing to do, but kids seem to like the boat ride. The next day will be a significant climb but very nice scenery. Yes, it's a very coveted route, so it's great that you scored it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools