Topic

Salomon S-Lab Sense @ Running Warehouse

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Salomon S-Lab Sense @ Running Warehouse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-SSNSUM1.html

First off, this is NOT a deal, just a product I thought some of us might be interested in. I have been awaiting the launch of these shoes for several months as they look to be the exact shoe (on paper) I'm looking for (except of course that crazy price).

I just picked up a pair of inov-8 f-lite 195s on sale though, so not going to take the plunge for the salomons yet. Hoping some good reviews and user feedback will start to trickle out and perhaps some sales down the road.

In the spirit of full disclosure as is customary in these deal threads: I stand to benefit (but not in any financial sense) if someone buys these shoes and posts a review. And I'm sorry if I've offended anyone by posting an item that's not on sale. If this offends anyone feel free to PM me and I'll take down the posting, or move it.

Jeremy G
    BPL Member

@gustafsj

Locale: Minnesota

Runblogger.com does have a 10% coupon code for those interested… To be fair to Pete at Runblogger, I will make you go to his website to get the link! ;-)

Runblogger.com

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Not a backpacking shoe by any means, a svelte race worthy option possibly justifies the inflated price Salomon tacked on to this shoe- ok, no shoe should cost $200 but whatever, its Salomon.

Price aside, it looks good on paper, flat, lightweight, moderate midsole cushioning, seamless inner lining for sockless running, neutral tread pattern on the outsole for all mountain running. All that good stuff.

No one will never run as good as Kilian Jornet, but at least folks can kinda look the part. ;-)

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

don't forget rock protection and sticky rubber – a couple features I've found hard to come by in shoes approaching this weight.

agreed the price is excessive. holds true for most salomon shoes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools