Topic

Base Weight Finally Under 10!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Base Weight Finally Under 10!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emil Gazda

@emilio

Locale: Southeast

After a few months of reading up I've finally taken my 25 pound pack under 10! though it's only for Spring/Summer. For Winter/Fall I would have to add a few more clothing items that would push it back up a bit, that is until I replace my current shelter with a TT Contrail and save a pound and a half.

So, here's my first Gear List (just a short overnight) and thanks for all the advice/knowledge I've picked up thus far and for what's still left to come!

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=7449 – be gentle

Ryan Krause

@rmkrause

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I thought Simblissity was closed for good (Home > Ordering, Shipping, Warranty/Returns > Notice to Customers)? Doesn't sound like you have the levagaiters already – an alternative would be Dirty Girl gaiters – I have a pair and really like them a lot. They get mentioned quite a bit on BPL.

Have you tried the socks as gaiters out? How are you attaching them to your shoes?

What is your plan for rain ? Don't see anything for rain.

Emil Gazda

@emilio

Thanks for the comments

Simblissity will reopen this summer supposedly. I'm thinking about the DGGs but I don't want to stick anything on my shoes lol. The cut up socks as gaiters for my minimus trails works ok, I use twisty ties to the laces to keep them in place (obviously not a long term solution ha!) but it keeps most of the debris out and it's free.

Rain – Rain gear is not a must for me in the spring/summer, especially just on a short overnighter. My trails are in heavy tree cover and with our Georgia heat I dry fairly quick. Though if a heavy rain storm was predicted I would bring my Marmot precip jacket (just under 13oz – was cheap) and no rain pants.

I also just received my GG Nightlight and dropped the BA Insulated airpad from the list. Saved 16.4oz!!! I'm gonna remove the framesheet from my Crown and use the folded NL pad as support even though it doesn't fit in the pocket. Hopefully it will stay put and not shift too much. This will save another 5oz.

I appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming.

Emil Gazda

@emilio

Here is the updated list with the above corrections. Added the WPB jacket just in case.

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=7449

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools