Topic

Catskills Big Indian Wilderness Loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Catskills Big Indian Wilderness Loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Osburn

@earn_my_turns

Locale: New England

There aren't many loops in the Catskills but I linked one together in the Big Indian Wilderness area that doesn't include too much road walking. I am thinking about parking at the Round Pond lot and walking north along the finger lakes trail/ neversink hardenburgh trail, taking that all the way around back to the long pond beaver kill ridge trail. The whole thing is on the NYNJ trail conference map 143 if you have that set. I would like to do the loop either the last weekend in April or one of the first 2 in May.

I haven't put milage together but it looks like a low mileage easy topo (for the catskills anyways) route. I figured I would put it out there now and check the interest.

Jeremy Osburn

@earn_my_turns

Locale: New England

It looks like you guys had a successful and painful hike last weekend I thought I would push this trip to the top and see if I can spark some interest.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools