Topic

Asphalt and Corn: Biking and Skiing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring Asphalt and Corn: Biking and Skiing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Did some bicycling and ski touring yesterday. Fun stuff and I highly recommend it. Did a full write-up on my blog entitled, "Asphalt and Corn: Biking and Skiing" if you're interested, otherwise here are the pictures for you to peruse.

Inaki Diaz de Etura
    BPL Member

@inaki-1

Locale: Iberia highlands

Fantastic commuting. I have to try this sometime even if it's not too practical in my case but just for the fun of it.

When I have to transport my skis in town, I carry them hanging vertically from my shoulders by threading my arms through the handles of the ski transport case. Not too comfortable but simple, quick and still fine for short commutes.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Attaching the skis to the top tube has worked really, really well for me every time I've done it. It's way easier on the shoulder and way easier to pedal than trying to carry the skis.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Nice…thanks for sharing!

A popular thing to do here in the Boulder area is similar. Bike up the closed Brainard Lake road to the Mitchell TH (always fun at 10k feet), skin up, ski down and bike back.

I initially rig up my skis the same way, but wear the pack on my back. It is only 3 mile tops, though.

Mitchell TH

Mitchell TH

Good stufff….

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Boo yah, Mags!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools