Topic

How to Secure a Montbell Pillow to an Exped UL7 Synmat

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) How to Secure a Montbell Pillow to an Exped UL7 Synmat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Here's my solution for securing my Montbell pillow to my Exped UL7 Synmat. The tape is "Gear Aid Tenacious Tape" from REI. It cost $4.50 for a 3" x 20" roll. I used a cheapo paper hole punch to make the hole in the tape for the toggle. The remainder of the tape will (has) become part of my repair (pad, clothes, tent, etc.) kit.

asdf

asdfasd

asdfa

asdf

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

I do something similar, but your idea is lighter and probably more durable.

Daniel Cox
    BPL Member

@cohiker

Locale: San Isabel NF

Impressive bit of ingenuity there. I guess I don't have any reasons left now to suffer though nights with my boots under my pad as a pillow.

Nicely done.

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

Very, very clever. Now why can't I think like that!

Thanks!!

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

The system in the photos above did not work; the toggle tore through the tape. The photos below show my new system, which is much more robust. For reference, I used 2.5″ Stick On Mitten Hooks from Zpacks, which can be purchased via this link:

http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/tape.shtml

DGoggins
    BPL Member

@hjuan99

Locale: Mountain West

I know that you already attached these to your pad…but…I found that even the stick on loops might eventually fail on you (I had made my own, though smaller, stick on loops).

I found an easier, cheaper, and I think, much stronger alternative…here is my latest post on the subject ->

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/incessantly-annoying-pillow-off-my-pad-problem-with-solution/page/2/#post-3484791

The solution is just the gab of seam grip which is a simple/elegant solution.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools