Topic

Sites to post trip reports?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Sites to post trip reports?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

I was hoping to create my own website where I can post trip reports and other random stuff and am looking for suggestions to get me started as I'm pretty clueless about it. Just looking for something simple (either free or inexpensive) where I can easily add pictures, text, apply some simple formatting, has some sort of table of contents with links to different trip reports, etc. Are there good sites with templates for this sort of thing?

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com

Have you tried creating a blog? It's painless and fairly easy.

EDIT: Try blogspot or wordpress.

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Thanks Angus. I just checked out WordPress and I think it might be exactly what I'm looking for. I'll have to look at it in more detail later and check out Blogspot as well.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

You could also look at our site: backpackthesierra.com

It's built on Google sites, and allows for a lot more organized presentation of information and materials than a simply blog

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Thanks Paul. I just checked that out and it was pretty easy, especially since I already have a google account.

I like your site as well. I've viewed it several times after finding it when searching for early season trips in the sierra.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Well, it's a good reason to lobby the good folks behind BPL to upgrade to a modern forum software anyway. Adding photos and what not is pretty simple stuff on vBulletin or Powerboard based forums… even the freeware such as phpBB supports this type of thing.

There are already quite a few good trip reports here, it would be nice to see it grow even further.

Just my $.02

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools