Topic

Lightest 3 Person Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightest 3 Person Tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ben Whitsett

@benwhitsett

I am looking to buy a 3 person tent. Surely it will utilize hiking poles as tent poles. I am always hiking with a buddy, but half the time we have a third. I've been leaning toward the TT Rainshadow2. Mainly because the bug netting around the bottom and the built in floor. It has a more traditional tent experience in a lighter weight package. However, I feel I should seek advise from y'all.

Ray Rackiewicz

@rrackiewicz

I can't say TT Rainshadow 2 is the lightest 3-person tent but it is a palace! Great tent!

Roman Vazhnov
    BPL Member

@joarr

Locale: Russia

http://eastonmountainproducts.com/tent/kilo3p-tent

And there are pyramid tents: "BearPaw Luna 4 (cuben) + BearPaw PyraNet 4 (inner, it can be done with mesh walls or solid nylon) + stakes kit + Ruta Locura (TiGoat) carbon fiber pole (with adjuster) weights in about 1230 grams (2.7 lbs). With silnylon tent it will be around 1500 grams (3.3 lbs). All weights are from their site http://www.bearpawwd.com "

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

We had the original Rainshadow when our daughter hiked with us. Great tent, lots of room inside for three actual adult people. Good ventilation (translates to somewhat colder than a traditional tent.) Pitched very quickly and easily, though it does need a large-ish tentsite. I used to rig a small silnylon tarp over the door as an awning, so we could leave the door/beak thing retracted and get more ventilation and more storage space for gear. The only thing I didn't much like was the single door at the head end – made entry and exit somewhat challenging.

The new one has more head room and volume. Would make a nice 3-person tent.

tomba
    Spectator

@tomba

What about TarpTent StratoSpire 2? Specs say that it can sleep 3. Has anyone had experience sleeping 3 people in it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools