Topic

Olicamp Ultra Titanium Stoves w/XTS Pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Olicamp Ultra Titanium Stoves w/XTS Pot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Everyone,

I was thinking of adding the new Olicamp Ultra Kenetic Titanium Stove, the new Olicamp Xcelerator Ultra Titanium Stove, and the XTS pot to my website since they are light, cheap, are made from Titanium and come from a pretty reputable company.. The Kenetic seems to be a replica of the Monatauk Gnat but the Xcelerator looks like nothing I have really seen before especially at the weight : ) So with that said the Kenetic comes in at 48g/1.7oz and the Xcelorator comes in at 98g/3.5oz which makes both of these stoves the lightest on the market. Both stoves are designed to nest with the new Olicamp Hard Anodized XTS pot which is a 1 Liter pot that features heat exchange fins like Jetboil. According to Olicamp, the pot weighs 190g/6.7oz and I assume this is the weight with the silicone lid..

The stoves are sold a few different ways.

Kenetic alone $49.95 w/XTS pot $69.95
    Xcelerator alone $69.95 w/XTS pot $89.95
    XTS pot alone $29.95

Kenetic Specs.
    Weight: 48grams/1.7oz
    Size: 2.5"x2.6"
    Ignition: Manual
    Output: 9,620 BTU
    Boil Time: 3min 30sec
    Fuel Type: Canister

Ecelerator Specs.
    Weight: 98grams/3.5oz
    Size: 3"x3.5"
    Ignition: Manual
    Output: 9,560 BTU
    Boil Time: 3min 25sec
    Fuel Type: Canister

I plan to order both stoves tomorrow to see if the weights are correct, see how they work, and to check boil times, etc… Once I confirm everything I am going to place a bulk order and add them to my website for sale, so if anyone is interested in this stove please post below so I can get a better idea on how many I should order..

Thanks,
    Lawson

Photos of the Kinetic..

Photos of the Xcelerator..

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Monatauk Gnat is 1.65 ounces, so it is lighter than Olicamp.

–B.G.–

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

Monatauk's site says it weighs 48 grams. They did a bad conversion somewhere.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

The label on the Monatauk Gnat case said "1.6 ounces." I weighed one, and it was 1.65. I weighed a second one, and it was also 1.65.

Metric conversion is a lost art.

–B.G.–

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

CAUTION!!!!!

First of all, I am not sure whether these Xcelerator stoves have actually reached the stores yet. Maybe so, in the last few days.

But that Xcelerator stove does NOT have a heat exchanger or pre-heat tube! It is NOT a winter stove as it stands! If you invert the canister … could be a problem!

There is another model coming with a pre-heat tube, MAYBE.

Cheers
    PS: the upright version is the same as the Gnat and the FMS-116T. The latter is the Fire-Maple designation. They make them all.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hi Roger,

Do you have any experience with the Xcelerator stove or is your concern just the lack of a pre-heat tube? In that case, it seems as if the new Primus OmniLite Ti model doesn't have one either and from what I have read and seen, this has not been an issue which is quite surprising considering it was designed to burn liquid fuels unlike the Olicamp Xcelerator that wasn't.. I realize in very cold weather the gas in the canister will condense and turn into a more liquid form and this is the reason you have to invert the canister but I am not sure the target market for this stove, was use in subzero temps.. Just like every product on the market, it was designed for a specific purpose and certain type of customer base. I have a feeling that the customers who buy this will not be melting snow in subzero temps. I am guessing the target market is 3 season Lightweight Backpackers, Small Groups, Gear Junkies, Rock Climbers, Etc. Basically anyone who likes using a remote canister stove but wants something lighter then anything currently available.. There is nothing stable about a pot full of water on a stove that is on top of a canister.. This is where Remote Canister stoves really shine, especially when cooking for more then one person or using larger pots… In this case I think Olicamp hit the nail on the head..

That said, I don't like the general CAUTION without describing what the potential problem is or what people should avoid doing… Its like giving a CAUTION with a Silnylon tarp.. And then forgeting to say, *For Mountaineering use Silnylon tarps would not provide enough protection from the elements and in result you could DIE from Exposure. But for their designed use of 3 season lightweight backpacking, they work great.. With that said, Roger's concern is flipping the canister over in subzero temperatures… Without a pre-heat tube the stove could flare up.. But at the end of the day the stove weighs only 3.5oz, costs $69.95 and fills a huge gap in the remote canister stove market. So while the stove wasn't designed for every situation, I think it still checks alot of boxes and could work great for its target customer base. 3 Season Lightweight Backpackers..

Thanks,
    Lawson

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I'm really liking that pot.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Hi Lawson

No experience yet with the Xcelerator stove per se, but it is the FMS-116T/Gnat mounted up on legs, and I have a lot of experience with those.

The Primus OmniLite Ti is a totally different beast. It's a vortex burner: think 'XGK'. I have built versions of the OmniLite myself, years ago, and have a bit of experience with them.

A vortex burner does not need a visible pre-heat tube over the top to handle propane/butane. But it does have a serious pre-heat operation: the flame inside the chamber does directly heat the incoming fuel in the tube leading to the jet.

> But that Xcelerator stove does NOT have a heat exchanger or pre-heat tube! It is NOT
    > a winter stove as it stands! If you invert the canister … could be a problem!
    Well, I thought that was fairly clear, actually. But I will be more explicit. Do not invert the canister. You will get liquid fuel out the jet – probably in splutters.

Used as shown in the pictures – with the canister upright, it should be a very nice stove (subject to testing of course). Yes, Chinese (Fire-Maple), but the quality of the Fire-Maple stoves has been increasing lately. They are going to scare the establishment.

Cheers

jas l

@jas123

Kenetic = Firemaple FMS-116T,
    Xcelerator = Firemaple FMS-117T,
    XTS pot = Firemaple FMC-XK6,
    Retail price in China were around $30,$30,$15 when I visit there last year.

Some one have done a test for FMC-XK6, compare it with another FMC-xK6 without heat exchange, by using same stove on two new canister and fire power set to same to bring 800ml of water to 95℃. XK6 took 4′52″ and consumed 12.4g of fuel,the one without heat exchange took 6'41" and consumed 16.1g of fuel, 22.98% improve on fuel consumption and 27.2% on time saving simply by adding heat exchange.
    (http://bbs.8264.com/thread-1146820-1-1.html)site is in Chinese.

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Locale: Denver-ish

Do they have a liquid fuel model?

Kevin

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

> Do they have a liquid fuel model?
    Just one, the FMS-F2. It can be used with a canister too.

Cheers

James Klein
    BPL Member

@jnklein21

Locale: Southeast

I have one this pot. With lid mine weighs 7.8oz

…minus handles: 6.8, minus handles & lid: 5.7 — the box says 3.9oz

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

How do you like it? Do you have a stove as well or just the pot? Its too bad they used the wrong numbers. Not sure why Manufacturers do this. Its annoying to say the least..

jas l

@jas123

Found this photo
    XK6 weight
    And engineering sample weight 146g(5.1oz).
    Eng version

James Gould

@highlandergymn

I'd interested in the Xcelerator with pot if they work well.

Erik H
    BPL Member

@telemonster

Locale: pacific northwest

Hi Lawson, I was wondering if you ever ordered the stoves and tested them, and will you be carrying them? thanks

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

I'm interested in the Accellerator and Pot reviews and availability, too. After a week in the Sierra comparing the Crux Lite with an un-finned pot to an adjacent Crux with the HE pot, I am very comfortable in saying I'd like remote canister, lightweight stoves with HE pots for my Scouts.

I'd also be stoked to buy them from you, rather than direct from China, if only to support my sources of information.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

Well, I ordered the Excellerator and finned pot from a Fire Maple seller. I've got a few more trips this season, and I really want the low/stable aspect of this stove, over the canister-top setup. The cool part is that this rig will also work well with my gigantic Optimus crew potset with the HE ring on the big one.

Price wise, I will come out very close to Lawson's numbers, so if he starts offering these and stocks them, he's gonna beat the China Post all day long.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools