Topic

Paul Johnson’s Postings for today

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Paul Johnson’s Postings for today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Paul,

What happened to all of your postings for today, May 25, 2005?

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Richard,

If I remember to do so, I often delete my postings after some period of time – often the same day.

Usually this is after my questions are answered. My questions are pretty basic & prob. not of interest to most others.

Also, I often respond quickly to others, but I feel that my advice is not of the same caliber as other far more knowledgeable & experienced individuals.

I’m pretty new to L/UL & really don’t feel that my contributions add much value after others have begun to interact in a thread or respond to a particular post.

Hope this clears this up for you.

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

You may be new to UL and lightweight backpacking and responses on the site, but I think that at the very least, many of your postings prompt response from others and instill additional interest.

Dylan Skola
    BPL Member

@phageghost

Locale: Southern California

If you’re really that worried about it, just insert a standard disclaimer.

Besides, just because you don’t have the knowledge and experience of others (though you probably have more than me) doesn’t mean you might not think of something no one else has. As I’m sure you’re aware, historically, more than a few innovations have been made by newcomers to a field simply because they haven’t been encumbered by standard ways of doing things.

I personally have found your postings interesting and informative (if I can read them fast enough).

And lastly, it makes for strange reading in a thread when later posts reference a deleted post.

Just trying to get you to reconsider your policy of admirable but perhaps overzealous modesty.

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

“ghost posts” – good name for them.

good point on thread continuity – wish i had thought of that. obviously, you’re absolutely right, at least i think so having now gone back over the threads & seeing the “damage” that i’ve done to the continuity.

had to chuckle at your parenthetical comment, viz. “if I can read them fast enough”.

also, noticed that i accidentally deleted at least one post, that i didn’t really mean to.

Richard,

I visited your website. Absolutely beautiful work You have quite the “artist’s eye” (Hope that is a proper use of the phrase. Is photog. considered to be a form of art? I don’t know for sure, but I think it is. If not, then IMHO your work certainly elevates it to that level.) . I took note of your show in Mystic in August & plan to be there with my wife.

Bob Gabbart

@bobg

Photography can definetly be art. Which website are you talking about?

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Bob,

Paul is talking about my web site. Paul had removed his comments earlier yesterday. I had questions regarding boot or shoes for heavy photo gear. You can check the discussion minus Paul’s posts at: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/625/index.html.

You can check my website at:

http://www.nelridge.com

Rich

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

This thread is a bit stale, but I’ve been off-line for a few weeks and am trying to catch up. Now I understand why some threads seem a bit disjointed. Paul, please don’t delete or disparage your posts. They’re useful and interesting.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools