Topic

FYI – Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women’s is now available @ REI

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) FYI – Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women’s is now available @ REI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

I know a few of you were interested in this pad for it's higher R value compared to the standard x-lite (3.9 vs. 3.2). Well, here's your chance to order one with your coupon/dividend/pile of gold:

Women's X-Lite @ REI

Rob Vandiver

@shortbus

Locale: So Cal

Nice! I was hoping that they would get it in before the coupon expired. I have actually talked to several customer service reps that couldnt give me an answer. Not only is the women's warmer, I have heard that the girly print on it is actually grippier than the original. Win win in my book.
    Just ordered it.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

I wish you could get in a smaller size… now sure why there's only one..

Alex Gilman
    BPL Member

@vertigo

Locale: Washington

Now if only they could get an XTherm in stock before sale ends

Clint Hewitt

@walksoftly33

Locale: New England

I think this one is gonna be the pick of the litter for me.

It will be 4inches short on me, but accomplishes the goal of a comfy light weight full length mat. saving me two oz over the reg neo xlite and warmer to boot.

I used a 1/4 inch GG thinlight, underneath my short neo-air all the time for matress protection and added warmth and volatility as a sit/lay pad during the day. The best 4oz I carried, well I am willing to carry 6oz of that foam…Where can I get a full length 1/4" thinlight that I can match with the longer length Xlite womens?

I have seen some 1/8th but that is just not practical for my purposes. Wish Gossamer Gear sold it in longer lengths. IT doesnt even look like they sell 1/4 any more except for the wide.

Other foams always seem to be heavier or not as durable.

Lets hope there are no issues with the Xlite womens version.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

@Clint: ProLiteGear has "Evazote" pads – 1/8" 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2". Check it out. Way better shipping charges than GG too.

These women's Thermarest pads have always been winners to me. A little longer than a short ("torso") model, but a little warmer too.

Clint Hewitt

@walksoftly33

Locale: New England

that is exactly what Im looking for thanks.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

OK, after reading this I decided to go with this pad rather than holding out for the Xtherm (and after hearing back from Cascade Designs that my old TR had an r-value of 2.2). It should be warm (I hope) enough since I don't do snow camping. I'll try it at home and if I can't stand the crinkliness, I'll probably trade it in on a synmat UL. After the 20% off, my dividend, a little left on the REI gift card I got for applying for their credit card, plus part of a refund debit card from t-mobile, I got it for "free".

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Clint wrote: "It will be 4inches short on me, but accomplishes the goal of a comfy light weight full length mat. saving me two oz over the reg neo xlite "

Clint,
    I might be misunderstanding what you wrote, but why would you go with a pad that is too short for you to save 2 ounces?

I just ordered an XTherm from REI. Not available in stock yet, but was able to apply member discount and dividend towards the order. Will ship later this month.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Nathan,

What were the specifics of how you ordered your XTherm?

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

Is this the one which sounds like potato chips cracking when you roll on it?

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

"What were the specifics of how you ordered your XTherm?"

I spoke with online chat today asking about availability. They told me april 23 and I asked if I could backorder it and use member coupon and dividend. They asked me what size I wanted (I wanted regular). It's item # 8298500002. The order can't be placed online yet. I could have placed it over live chat if I had a big enough dividend to cover the order (can't take CC info over chat – it's not secure). My divident is nowhere close though so I had the woman from the online chat call me to complete the order. Simple as that.

Hopefully all goes well with the order. I ordered one from Cabela's a while back and received an X-Lite instead before they realized their error and refunded all my money.

And my apologies for the thread drift, though I suppose this isn't entirely off topic.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Well, mine came in the mail yesterday. It's 12.65 oz on my scale, not the 11 oz advertised (stuff sack and repair kit is another 1.15 oz). Haven't done any more than lay down on it; it seems comfortable, and yes there is the sound of potato chips. Remains to be seen if I can stand that or not.

I'm wondering what/where the extra 1.65 oz is…I guess if I like the mattress, I'll just live with it, I'm not that anal about 1.7 ounces. Of course, I could add another couple of ounces and get the Xtherm, then.

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

Mine just arrived 350g/12,3oz for the 320g/11,3 oz advertised.
    I was surprised as my regular neoair was 5% underweight, but seems from your above post and a few i have seen elsewhere that all xlite women are close to 10% overweight ?

It is a bit more noisy than the previous one, but far less than my snoring so i guess i wont notice and the unfortunate nearby people wont notice either.

My first hike with it will be the TGO challenge, i will use a trailstar + a 0.74oz/sqyd cuben solo hexanet from Zpacks.

If my wife and i had no puncture with our neoair ( 3 years old now ) except when a mice chewed hers, but i am not so confident testing the newer xlite, time will tell …

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

I haven't contacted Cascade Designs about the overweight, but maybe I will. I slept on the xlite last weekend and it was very comfortable, I did not notice the noise at all to my surprise. Perhaps it was because I used a pillow.

I do wish the fabric were a bit sturdier. Also it is very slick and if I use it with a quilt in warmer weather I will need some fabric layer between the xlite and myself or I think it won't be comfortable; it would be too sticky and sweaty right against the skin.

Have you seen the post about the aluminized material inside wearing off? That is worrisome also. At least they have a very good return policy, so I'm not too worried about that.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

I got my Neoair women's xlite today, 12.1 oz for the regular. It does not have any noise when laying on it or shifting positions. I am super stoked on it, I am a side sleeper and bend my legs a little so the length is perfect! I'm 6' on the dot. By the way, the "flower" print on the top is NOT noticable at all, I thought when I opened it that it did not have the print but looking very closely it is very light, weird! Anyways, my go-to is either the Neoair at 12oz or CCF at 4oz plus/or a 1/8 at 3oz. I don't know why you wouldn't choose the women's over the men's (more warmth and lighter).

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

My Men's Regular is 11.8 oz, and my wife's Women's is 12.6. It does look more robust though.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools