Topic

MLD Patrol Shelter/Serenity Shelter pairing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD Patrol Shelter/Serenity Shelter pairing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@pkh

Locale: Nova Scotia

Has anyone successfully paired these shelters. I see that the rear support for the Patrol Shelter is an external pole, and the Serenity Shelter is generally attached to a supporting pole. How would this work with the Patrol? I know the Patrol has ridge line loops, but I don't know where they are located.

Cheers

drew doty
    BPL Member

@saltyotter

I will try to post pics soon! I do remember that when patrol is pitched to the ground that the serenity was very droopy and was not ideal to be in. However I may just need some advice as to how to make it work.

Drew

Mole J
    BPL Member

@mole

Locale: UK

MLD setup

Not the greatest picture, but shows them set up together. Apart from the peak, the attachment hooks on the Serenity didn't match those on the Patrol Shelter. Not much of an issue – just used loops of thin shock cord and mini karabiners to attach. At the rear the floor of the inner can be connected to the pegs of the outer (which I staked without guys) with shockcord, but this is impractical at the front due to the massive width difference – I used 2 Ti Pegs.

Hope this helps. I owned this setup (PS was Spinnaker) for a year, but sold it on as I prefer a side entry shelter or bigger tarp if front entry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools