Topic

Non – Ultralight – Lifestyles of The…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Non – Ultralight – Lifestyles of The…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

“Somebody’s got to live this life,” he says, gesturing to the pristine view from his penthouse villa. “God decided it should be me.”
    http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/04/04/living-like-a-billionaire-if-only-for-a-day/?hp

Ty Ty

@tylerd

Locale: SE US

That was an interesting article.

I was talking with a friend the other day about the big lottery, we were chatting about how most people loose everything within 5-10 years. We were both saying how that would never be us. He then proceeded to tell me if he won several hundered million he would ONLY buy 4 or 5 hunting properties across the US, ONLY a couple thousand acres each and he would ONLY have like one lodge and one or two staff to do all the maintenance, planting, etc. Then he said he would ONLY have a couple houses, maybe 3 or 4 at the most. I was sitting there kind of in aww wondering what he was thinking. I didn't feel like arguing so I let it sit.

If I won hundreds of millions I would like to think I would have 1 house, maybe 3000 sf (my house now is 2800) on a nice lake, dock, two boats (ski boat, pontoon boat), two cars (maybe 1 play vehicle). Anything else I would rent. The more crap you have, the more maintenance, problems, hassles, cost.

Keith Bassett

@keith_bassett

Locale: Pacific NW

Moved comment to a new thread in chaff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools