Topic

Bungee Cord Kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Bungee Cord Kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

While this accessory is not really designed for ligthweight backpacking, I have always been annoyed that I can never find the right sized bungee cord for tieing down my bike, kayak, fishing pole, etc. So I found a simple solution. ITW Nexus (Buckle Company) makes a shock cord hook that allows you to make your own bungee cords.. All you have to do is cut the 1/4" shock cord to the desired length, melt the ends, slide the shock cord into the hooks internal tooth mechinism and then slide on the locking coupler. Its that easy.. Once locked, the shock cord is permanitly attached to the hook. The "kit" I made up includes 5' of 1/4" shock cord and 4 of the ITW Nexus Shock Cord Hooks. This is enough material to make 2 bungee cords of your custom length. I only bought enough material to make roughly 30 of these "kits" and I have already sold a handful, so if they are of interest to you I would move sort of quick.. Each kit is $5- and as always, I offer free shipping on orders over $10-

Thanks,
    Lawson

LawsonEquipment.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools