Topic

Heineken pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Heineken pot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dillon Beadle

@dbeadle24

Locale: South Louisiana

Where can i find an already made heineken pot with lid? Im new to the forum so any help is greatly appreciated!

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

They Heineken pot is extremely difficult to find because they switched to a different can. Occasionally, people find them, but randomly and not often. Check out Trail Designs for a Foster's pot, though. I haven't bought one yet, but it looks excellent for when my pots eventually fail.

http://www.traildesigns.com/stoves/keg-cans

Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

The Fosters can seems larger/longer and isn't a durable. The Heineken Keg is bomb proof!!

batchstovez.com sells the Foster can with Fiberglass wrap.

William Roddey
    BPL Member

@draickin

Locale: Southeast

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/foster-ridgeline-cans.php

Zelph carries a variety of modified Fosters, Monster, and generic cans.

SmokeEater908 at outdoortrailgear.com also has a variety of cans available.

Dillon Beadle

@dbeadle24

Are the fosters any good? And what's another durable can like the heiny keg?

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

Fosters is one of the worst beers (especially in a can) that I've ever had. I cannot in good conscience support their patronage. =)

Dillon Beadle

@dbeadle24

I ment the quality of the can as a pot not the actual beer

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Check out Zelph's video

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/foster-ridgeline-cans.php

he shows the strength before and after the ridges and a heineken can for comparison

Tony Ronco
    BPL Member

@tr-browsing

Dillon –
    I know you want a ready made one, but it is easy to do it yourself. (I make my own)
    To do this, you'll need:

1.)"Good Cook Safe Cut Can Opener" – it does a side cut and will take off the lid, just like the commercially available pot. The lid will not have a sharp edge. I see from a quick google search they now range from $12-18 bucks, and are a newer single arm design. I have the older double arm model and it works great.

2.) For the lid handle you can do two approaches:

2.A) Use needle-nose pliers to carefully bend the pull tab up to use as a handle (caution – it gets hot).

2.B) Just cut it off, and use a wooden knob from Mini Bull Designs:
    https://www.minibulldesign.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=57&idcategory=5

Mark Ryan

@sixguns01

Locale: Somewhere. Probably lost.

The can is not as durable as the Heineken Keg can but still makes a great pot. It may dent but the dents are easy to pop back out. They are taller, so I can fit my cone, 4oz fuel bottle, medicine measuring cup, and the stove itself as a lid all in the can. I couldn't fit my fuel bottle in the Heineken can.

I just wrap my camp towel around the kit wen i toss it in my pack. No problems so far.

Good Cook Safe Cut Can Opener on eBay for 13.99 with free shipping

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools