Topic

Hike to Hot Springs On A Snowy Day

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Hike to Hot Springs On A Snowy Day

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Locale: Bay Area, California

I came across my new favorite hot spring last month and I shot a video of the 2 mile hike up a 1,300 foot snowy hill to the spring.

The trip is a bit of a challenge: my wife and I hiked through a storm starting at a highway pass, going over train tracks, through a forest, parallel to power lines, through another forest, and then into a winter oasis of warm pure spring water.

I've never seen as perfect of a setting for a hot spring. I've also never seen pools as well maintained.

Here is the entire video if you want to get a sense of the trip and get the planning details:http://www.walkifornia.com/2012/03/scenic-hot-springs-beyond-california.html

Spring by Ryan CommonsRosie Walking  by Ryan CommonsOn a Ridge  by Ryan CommonsSplash  by Ryan Commons

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

Ryan Commons

@ryancommons

Locale: Bay Area, California

Rodger,

The 105 degree water gets the entire body so warm that all you need is a quick towel and you'll be warm all the way to the car. Getting there is the cold part.

RSC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools