Topic

’12 PCT THRU HIKERS, PLEASE READ!!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion ’12 PCT THRU HIKERS, PLEASE READ!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick E.

@traletrasch

Locale: PNW

Hey!! my name is Spydee, i live near seattle and will be providing some serious trailmagic this year at both stevens and snoqualmie pass(s) in washington, section J on halfmiles washington maps. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD that Spydee is spinning a web of trailmagic for hikers to expect in september on the pct in washington!!! i need any thru hikers to email me with their email or links to trailjournals and/or blogs, i need to keep up to date on as many thru's eta to the passes as possible so i can provide an accurate stream (web?) of magic! i will be working magic at snoqualmie and giving shuttle rides at stevens. THRU HIKERS CONTACT ME! also if anyone who reads this knows any thru hikers please pass the word on. no request is too far fetched!!! once again, good luck thru's! i wish with every bone in my body i was hiking the trail this year, i dream and think about it every day. i plan to thruhike in the next several years. my heart goes out to all of you and all trail angels! -Spydee [email protected]

clint gorbett

@clintg

Me and two others are going SOBO starting ~June 15, are you able to help out SOBO's or is that too early?

Nick E.

@traletrasch

good luck on your hike!!!!

if i have a car by june i might be able to. i was going to hike this year but a career change has put that on hold and i havent had a car. please try to keep in touch with me and i will do my BEST!!!! at the least i can probably send some supplies of some sort.
    HYOH and be safe!

[email protected]

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

Nick,

I'll (hopefully!) be meeting you this year.

We have a facebook group (search PCT Class of 2012) and would love for you to join us. If you don't have facebook, I would be happy to post whatever you want on the page for you. Just message me if thats the case.

Also,

Thanks. For everything that you will be doing. It is amazing.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Southbound starting June 15th…..that'll be tough. I live in Seattle and ski every weekend. This year will be the same if not worse than last year with regards to total amount of snowfall. I remember last year a number of SOBO's delaying their start date each week as the snow just didn't want to go away. One of our local ski resorts (Crystal Mountain) which is along the PCT was open until mid-July.
    Please keep an eye on our snowfall before you et out June 15th. I heard of several SOBO;s turning around last year because they couldn't even make it to Snoqualmie Pass. I'm skiing Stevens Pass this Saturday and they still have, as of this morning, 151 inches at the base and 174 inches at the summitt. The SOBO PCT goes from the base to the summitt. That's a lot of snow.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Thanks for spending the time to provide food, drinks and rides. I know I really appreciated it from Trail Angels. I'll be doing the 500 miles from Cascade Locks to Manning Park this summer. I hope to see you along the way.
    If you have the energy and time, a great trail angel location is along the 143 mile section from Cascade Locks to White Pass. That's typically a six day hike and it;s great to meet a trail angel along one of the forest service roads crossing the PCT.
    Regardless……we love you for doing what you're doing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools