Topic

Titanium wind screen holder (simple)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Titanium wind screen holder (simple)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

The titanium windscreen is a weird little piece of gear. But it's so light and thin that it feels like I am handling something fragile when I touch it (it's not, it's actually pretty tuff) But, it want's to spring open when its rolled up, and the edges are sorta sharp – so it's a something I feel like I need to be careful with. And storage is tricky.

Here's how I store my titanium windscreen.

I've cut a small rectangle of TyVec (waterproof, sorta) and then I rolled it into a little tube. I used a tiny bit of Elmer's wood glue (also waterproof, sorta).

It's sized to fit my rolled up titanium wind screen, and weighs .1 ounce.

The wind-screen is 4 inches tall, and the tube is 4.5 inches tall. THe TyVec tube is about an inch wide.

Roll up the TITANIUM wind-screen, slide it in the Tyvec tube, and it's done! It carries nice!

peace from idaho,
    M!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools