Topic

Felt hats for backpacking?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Felt hats for backpacking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Doug Smith
    BPL Member

@jedi5150

Locale: Central CA

"Oh, I guess that's why here we all backpack in Wranglers and Stetsons….

; )…"

I think you ought to start a trend Kat. ;-)

Joseph Regallis

@backpackandgear

I still prefer a good wide brim straw hat. Call me old fashioned but these still work good for me. You might want to have a chin strap with it. I once hiked a mountain without a chin strap and a sudden burst of wind blew it off my head, never to be seen again!

http://www.backpack-and-gear.com/backpacking-utah.html

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

"Oh, I guess that's why here we all backpack in Wranglers and Stetsons….

; )"

Cotton jeans may not be sensible for bushwalking, but my point was that Akubras may not be as hot as you seem to presume that they are.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

""Oh, I guess that's why here we all backpack in Wranglers and Stetsons….

; )"

Cotton jeans may not be sensible for bushwalking, but my point was that Akubras may not be as hot as you seem to presume that they are."

You may be right about my presumption, but you missed my point. Plenty of ranchers here wear clothes out of status and tradition; just because they have done it for so long does not mean it's the right thing for backpacking.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools