Topic

Introduction / Twin Cities Hiking Partner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Introduction / Twin Cities Hiking Partner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nick VanBurkleo
    BPL Member

@envybee

Locale: Midwest

Hey everyone. I'm new here and thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm Minnesota born and raised and I frequent the LSHT, and BWCA. The Rockies of Southwestern MT, however, stole my heart at an early age. There are very few wild places I can think of that I wouldn't like to spend a few days in, but Patagonia, Banff and the JMT are towards the top of my list. This year I plan on thru-hiking Isle Royale as my yearly "big" adventure.

I hiked, camped, and backpacked frequently until college. It took several years and a couple major life events until I dusted off my old equipment and found the time (see: prioritized my time differently) to revitalize this passion. I began planning new adventures a couple years ago and simultaneously began contemplating how to lighten my load. I backpack light mainly for my own philosophical reasons, and do find a higher level of enjoyment on my trips. After countless hours researching and lurking, here I am!

I do most of my trips solo or with my yellow lab these days since just about everyone in my circle of friends can't fathom going without email access or a microwave. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind finding myself planning a trip every now and then with a couple other like-minded individuals. So… If anyone is searching for an adventure in MN or the Midwest, let me know! I'm happy to share ideas, help plan, lend equipment if needed, and hit the trail with you for a weekend or, if the stars align with my vacation days, longer.

-Additional interests: Distance running, Aviation, Swimming, Wakeboarding/Kneeboarding, Writing, Sociology
    -Fun Fact: I have a cribbage addiction.
    -Unusual fact: As a 16 year old, my "experiments" with potato guns got them banned in a couple counties. Whoops!
    -Flame-worthy fact: I think Bear Grylls is THE MAN!

Glad to be here!

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

http://www.meetup.com/Minneapolis-StPaul-Backpackers/ This group gets going in April or May. You could also try the Midwest GGG which is being put together now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools