Topic

Cubic Tech Order?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cubic Tech Order?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Anyone want to go in on a bulk order of Cuben from cubic Tech? I have their price sheet and the minimum order is 9 meters. Just an idea if anyone wants to get their myog going before the summer like myself, or make a sail for your boat! I don't know if you need a business licence to order.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I'm trying to think of a use for it right now. Which type are you ordering?

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

I was thinking 0.5 or 0.75 oz/yd, for a tarp or tent. I would need about 6 yards. I'm not planning to order yet, as I would need others to make it worthwhile. My thought would be to see what colors they had.

Thomas Budge

@budgthom

Locale: Idaho

PM me if you don't want to post it here.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Edit

Janita Borst

@medjay

A while ago I also received the pricelist, but i'm mostly interested in hybrid cuben or breathable cuben. If you might end up with one of those, I would be really happy to participate in a 'group buy'.

Frank H.
    BPL Member

@porker110

Locale: Oregon

I sent you a PM.

-Frank

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

So I have had about 15 people interested in ordering some Cuben material. I am starting to think that this is too many for me to handle. I don't want to take the responsibility to order a thousand dollars in material and cut it up and send it out to everyone.

I wasn't going to order any yet, I just wanted to see if there was interest in others wanting to join and it looks like there are.

I think I am going to hold off for now, let's keep this thread open for others to join together in case they want to go in on the 9 meter minimum purchase order.

Paul Johnson
    BPL Member

@johncooper

Locale: SoCal

Also interested.

Thomas Knight

@thomask702

Locale: Sothern Nevada

Sent you a PM – interested depending on the weight and color (not a huge deal on the color) Mind emailing me the price sheet?

[email protected]

-Tom

Mike Young
    BPL Member

@klackamas

Locale: [email protected]

I might be in depending on cost and color. keep me posted.

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

"I don't want to take the responsibility to order a thousand dollars in material and cut it up and send it out to everyone."

Why don't you split the order up. Take the first group of people that adds up to the 9 yards and put in your order. Put the remaining group of people together and suggest they find someone else to lead the order.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

After reviewing the cost of 0.75, I decided to get it from Lawson, it was cheaper than cubic tech with free shipping. And cubic tech says a month wait, so Lawson is the way to go if you want 0.75

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

Can you post Cuben tech's price list? I might be interested in getting in on it if someone wants to be the order master.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

If you go to their website and register, they will email you a price list.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools