Topic

GoLite rainwear – additional 25% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLite rainwear – additional 25% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rob Jones
    Spectator

@robj

Locale: Washington, D.C.

No code needed… just hit the website

Terry G
    BPL Member

@delvxe

Locale: Pacific Northwest

smoking deal, really

Scott S

@sschloss1

Locale: New England

That is cheap–already ordered my umbrella. Thanks for the heads up.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

I have been waiting for a good price on a trekking umbrella.
    Thanks!!

Larry M
    BPL Member

@maethros

Locale: Mid South

Ordered a pair!!

Allin Pequit
    BPL Member

@abubooy

Which umbrella did you get?

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

Locale: San Francisco bay area

ordered their lightest Half Dome Travel Umbrella w/Case 6 oz. 6.5" closed, I lost my travel umbrella after my 10th Carib beer in a bar in Trinidad last month,
    and for summer a chrome non-backpacking 8oz 25" for thundery/sunny situations.
    $33 total delivered.

donald buckner
    Spectator

@toomanyarrows

Locale: Southeast U.S.

Just got the email about the deal and ordered two chrome domes for my wife and me. Been wanting this for a long time, but never pulled the trigger. Glad I waited. Sweet deal! A lot easier than trying to modify a regular umbrella.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

The silver shiny idea makes an umbrella dual-purpose for sun and wet, possibly to help find you in an accident too, but they only offer the solid stick version shiny which is 25" long, pity the light compact one doesn't have chrome color option.

Umbrella is the most breathable non-windy waterproof :)

Noel Tavan
    BPL Member

@akatsuki_the_devil

ordered a chrome umbrella. Watch out, by default it is 2nd day air shipping instead of ground shipping (free). They are fixing it.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

just for comparison, I put the pocket umbrella, I've had for 10 years, same size as the one I ordered from Golite on the scales, 400g, vs Golite's 180g.

Intrigued to see how strong it will be!

Patrick Baker
    BPL Member

@f1prb22

In on this deal, excellent !

Michael Levine
    Spectator

@trout

Locale: Long Beach

in for a chrome dome. Thank you for posting this!

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

Chrome dome for me, too…

John Arwood
    Spectator

@johnlarwood

Locale: Mountians of East Tennessee

I've had a chrome dome for several years, great for rain or shine. Just got one for my girl friend, hope she will use it!

Golite is offering free ground shipping on all items through April 11th, 2012.

Karen Kennedy
    BPL Member

@karenk

Locale: NE NSW - Australian subtropics

Tried to hit the GoLite site for some cheap gear, and even though I have a MyUS address in FL, the site didn't like my Australian credit card.

If anyone could help me out by placing the order, I can PayPal you the $$. The stuff can go direct to Florida, no handling or forwarding required.

Email to kk at dcsi dot net dot au, or PM if you can help.

Thanks!

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Of course! I just sent you an email — the addy is the same that I use for Paypal purpose.

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

I have always wanted one but didn't want to pay another 10 dollars for shipping!

josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

just like samuel said. i've always wanted one but refused to pay $8 shipping for it :D

thank you…

Ryan Nakahara

@kife42

Locale: Hawaii

like everyone else, thnx. nice find.

Nigel Healy

@nigelhealy

mine delivered in San Francisco just now from Colorado.

Larry M
    BPL Member

@maethros

Received a box from GoLite this afternoon, but it only had one of the two umbrellas I ordered. Bummer, mail sent to GoLite customer service…

Dan Cherry

@risingsun

Locale: Northern Arizona

I ordered two chrome domes and two half domes, receiving the order on Thursday. Got around to checking them out carefully today. Opened up one of the two half dome compact travel ones and the release tab you push to collapse the umbrella is already broken off. Seems Golite is making these a bit too chintzy in the name of weight savings. I am more impressed with the chrome dome, but I cannot recommend the half dome. Size and weight are nice, but at the cost of longevity? No thanks. Can't decide if I'm going to pay to return my $14 umbrella or not. Still functions, at least. At regular price, this would be a ripoff, IMHO. Not a good start with this new customer, Golite…

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

Dan,
    I agree, the Half Dome is sub-par at best. The only UL Umbrella to be considered, at that weight range, is the Montbell UL trekking umbrella.
    The only beef I have with the Montbell UL is the lack of ability to use on the fly.
    When all tucked into its smallest form, you have to connect straighten every pole before you can use the umbrella…this takes about 1-2 minutes to do from my experience. I'm soaking wet after 1-2 minutes in the Kentucky rain.
    My solution is to keep the extensions folded out so it is ready to use with a simple push. This makes it more prone to breakage (if you're not careful) but also increases the chance I will put it in my pack, because I would never use it if I had to unfold it every time.
    The Chrome Dome is my go to umbrella though for these reasons:
    -Ease of use on the fly
    -Sun protection
    -Wider area of coverage
    -Great durability

For 2.4 more oz you are gaining all of those, but it is not near as compact.

Larry M
    BPL Member

@maethros

Received the other half of my order, but instead of a Dome they sent me a Chrome Dome. Hmmm… not gonna complain since they sent me a bunch of stickers as well. Gave my wife the Dome and I'll keep the Chrome Dome. I should have ordered it that way from the get go. The warehouse guy read my subconcious.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools