Topic

PHD SLIM Width Bags – Any Users?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) PHD SLIM Width Bags – Any Users?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

PHD bags (e.g., the Minim 400) are cut pretty wide in the Regular size. If you go custom they have a SLIM option which takes 16cm off the total circumference down to the knees.

Have any of you ever used a SLIM version of their bags? Would you consider their SLIM, not so SLIM and more average?

PHD Standard: Shoulder/hip/foot: 67/58/39 in (170/148/98 cm)
    PHD Minim 400

So SLIM would put the shoulder at roughly 61 inches. And a Nunatak Alpinist is 61" in size Standard/Regular.

Consider this in relation to the average male at 5' 10", 180lbs.

Thanks.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Interesting sizing. I have one of their DYO bags (review coming soon) in the standard width which is a circumference of 43". It fits me fine at 5'8 and 130ish lbs.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Hi Chris, thanks. 43" seems super narrow for a bag. Is that the shoulder circumference? ID or OD? According to the BPL review of the Minim 400, PHD's standard width is 67" at shoulder OD.

See Will's comment (last one on page):
    BPL PHD Minim 400 Review

Which bag did you DYO?

Thanks.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

I have no idea, but I measured it at 31" across the widest point which would give a ~62" girth. I went through their DYO designer on the site and chose the ultralight model.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Thanks Chris, maybe in your first post you typoed and meant 63" instead of 43"?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

I didn't.

This is from the DYO application:

Please select the width of your bag.

Standard = up to 109 cm (43")
    Wide = up to 121 cm (48")
    X-Wide = up to 135 cm (53")
    Slim = up to 92 cm (36")

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Ah, now I see where we are mis-firing. One measurement is the person's chest size 43" and the other is the bags circumference at widest point, 63". I've been referring to the bag, so a 43" bag circ. did not make sense. Thanks for the details, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools