Topic

Barefoot/Minimalist Backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Barefoot/Minimalist Backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jake Morrison

@barefootjake

I would like to hear some POSITIVE Feedback and your thoughts. On the subject of what you put on your Feet, Posture and Cadence being the Number 1 most important part of Ultralight Backpacking.

If we don't get the most on what we use the most. Then how efficient are we really as Humans?

Pack weight is actually number 4 of importance on my list. We must have a strong foundation in order build a strong Castle.

Here is a recent Guest Post I did on a friends Blog: http://www.briangreen.net/2012/03/introduction-to-barefoot-backpacking-pt.html

Please give it a read and lets discuss.

Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas

I've been backpacking for a couple years with and without lightweight shoes because the many stiff shoes I've worn leave me feeling sore. I think the linked article is in danger of getting overly specific when discussing form. Every step I take is different as I pass over inconsistent ground. Different parts of my feet strike in different ways. I find a discussion of efficiency without agreed-upon quantitative measures difficult to put time into.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools