Topic

What’s your favorite day pack suitable for trail running and hiking?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What’s your favorite day pack suitable for trail running and hiking?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Joseph R
    BPL Member

@dianoda

Locale: Chicago, IL

Sweet, I was about to make my own nearly identical post soliciting ideas for a do-it-all daypack suitable for day hiking, trail running, and my primarily use, long distance bike touring (60-80+ miles in a day). At a glance the Golite Rush 20L seems pretty close, but I need to take the time to absorb the rest of the info in this thread.

On a separate note, I also am a photographer and giving Lowepro's Photosport 200 pack a look for day trips where I want to have my camera with me – anyone have experience with it? Sure, it's heavy at 2.5lbs, but my DSLR/lenses aren't exactly UL, either – the added structure/padding would go to good use.

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

Black diamond BBee, the older version. It has some shape so it doesn't swing around.

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

This is a great day pack and a stuff sack for my sleeping bag to use for day hiking when I camp on mt. Tam (no hike in sites but plenty of trails). I am going to do a 12 mile overnighter with my OR bivy and silahelter soon. Will let you know how it goes. Stable (sternum strap w/ whistle AND waist belt), light weight, takes a water bladder, etc. like one other reviewer said, "it's tough not to live the little guy."

Jon Leibowitz
    BPL Member

@jleeb

Locale: New England

I am really excited to receive the Flash 18. I'm actually surprised it doesn't get more love in this community. 11 ounces, doubles as a stuff sack for long trips, comes with a back pad for rigidity, nice looking light shoulder straps…..

So, I ended getting the Flash, and the smallest Osprey Viper. Flash for day hiking and SUL overnights, and the Osprey for running. The Osprey comes with their superior hydro bladder system (and magnetic holste) which I will be using in my Flash as well. I have been using the same EMS badder for about 6 years and needed to replace it.

Thank for all the help on this thread!

Nick VanBurkleo
    BPL Member

@envybee

Locale: Midwest

The curse of REI: going in wanting one thing and coming out with two (or more). BUT, I think you'll love the Flash. Be a guinea pig for the rest of us and take some runs in it. Let us know how they compare!

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools