Topic

Gila 3 day 2 night trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Gila 3 day 2 night trip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cameron Smith

@ctsmith9962

Hello everyone,

I am looking at doing a 3 day 2 night backpacking trip at the Gila with a friend of mine. I am a little new at this but my buddy has been on a few. I have done lots of hiking but never really something like this. So far I know that I would like to start a the Emery Pass area and make a loop back that will take 3 days 2 nights. The only things I would say are a must for the trip is few contact with others (city hiking gives me enough of that lol),water crossings and GREAT views. Can anyone help me out on some good trails to follow or paths to take that will give us the 3 days 2 nights out and bring us back to emery pass?

I really like the looks of trail #79 but it does not make a loop.

Cameron Smith

@ctsmith9962

Anyone?

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Cameron, I'll try and shoot you some ideas later this evening or tomorrow when I'm home and can look at the map. Lots of loop options for 3 days.

Cameron Smith

@ctsmith9962

Thank you sir. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cameron Smith

@ctsmith9962

Eugene,

Any luck on 3 or 4 day loop trails?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools