Topic

Sunshine Prepares for the Appalachian Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Sunshine Prepares for the Appalachian Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Nice video on Oregon Field Guide

http://watch.opb.org/video/2214199608

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Way to go! And good luck!

In one of your earlier posts you mentioned that Sunshine's BPL backpack suffered a catastrophic failure. Because I bought one during the heyday of BPL, I would be interested in knowing the exact nature of the failure so that I can reinforce the weak part if possible.

Justin McMinn

@akajut

Locale: Central Oklahoma
    Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Monty, my understanding from talking to Eric was that a seam split on Sunshine's BPL Absaroka pack. The same thing happened to the Gregory pack they bought (I believe in Mammoth) to replace it. I donated them a size small Gossamer Gear Mariposa (which I bought really cheap several years ago on closeout and has been sitting under the bed in my spare bedroom because my grandkids couldn't use it). Sunshine used it for all of Oregon and Washington, and she's still using it on the AT as we speak.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools