Topic

Tent Kohga Askari traveller ultralight

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Tent Kohga Askari traveller ultralight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pete Forest

@againpeter

Locale: France Europe

Hello,
    Kogha traveller ultralight
    Does anyone know this tent? it looks like a Hubba, Ferrino Choas or Hannah Blow. Maybe for the lightweight hardcore under you it is not so interesting, but for me, a cyclist, the model is very interesting.

The colour! and the length, it says 240cm inner length. I never heard of this brand so if someone knows anything about this brand / model. I am curious.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

" I never heard of this brand so if someone knows anything about this brand / model. I am curious"

OK, I'll bite.

Never heard of them but a quick google shows that they're a German on-line fishing (and hunting) gear retailer.

The "traveller ultralight" is 2.5 kg and that clearly doesn't include the folding bed in there.

For cycling there are much lighter tents, let alone the Tarptent Rainbows, which would be my choice if you want something for cycling.

Pete Forest

@againpeter

Thank DW,
    there is an english version of the Askari site too, so I thought maybe some people in the UK of US of A knew this tent..The Rainbow looks good too, and appearantly it is quite long, which I find important. But as said, I cycle, I do not have Hikingpoles..

I am working on my own tent at the moment, changing an existing dome. I might put it on the internet when the project is finished. It is a low budget tent, so not superlight or anything, but a good experience.

Anyway, I liked this Kogha, the colour is just fantastic.

Thanks, Pete

Ultra Magnus

@ultra_magnus

"The Rainbow looks good too, and appearantly it is quite long, which I find important. But as said, I cycle, I do not have Hikingpoles.."

from the Tarptent website (emphasis added)-"Free-standing (with trekking poles) OR staked"

Free standing with trekking poles, or semi freestanding, requiring takes w/o…

I'm pretty sure Peter Nylund of the Yeti Rides bikepacking blog uses a TT Rainbow for some of his bikepacking trips.

But even for shelters that need a pole or two- they sell tarp poles for that very purpose. Some people use their bike as part of their shelter support system as well. I've seen a few people who take off the front wheel of their bike to hold up the rear of their tarp, and use the extended seat mast for the front. Another technique was to flip the bike upside down and stretch the tarp over both wheels for a lean-to kind of pitch…

Anyway, just food for thought.

BM

Pete Forest

@againpeter

Magnus,

Those images are just beautiful on that blog, especially the ones that show P.Nylunds' black toes against the campfire in the background…hope he did well and had no serious problems. Interesting project though, those tyres and circumstances.
    Thanks for the tips on the tent, I will eventually, when I have more sewing skills, make a tent that suits my (cyclists) needs. A tipidome.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools